This recipe provides a delightful substitute for Beef Stroganoff. Use it on Meatless Mondays or whenever you want to enjoy some wonderful (and healthy) mushrooms.
1 onion, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lb. mushrooms of your choice, chopped
½ cup white wine
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
3 tbsp. natural yogurt
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and sauté the onion until almost cooked.
- Add the garlic and stir for a few minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper, as well as sprinkle with paprika.
- Sauté until the mushrooms are tender and brown.
- Pour in the wine and vinegar and stir well.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt and cilantro and adjust seasoning.