Crostini is a popular Italian appetizer featuring thin slices of toasted bread served plain or topped with a wide range of sweet or savory toppings.
extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350˚
- To prepare the crostini, slice the baguette into ¼” slices and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Brush each slice with olive oil and toast in the preheated oven until golden brown.
- You may need to turn the baking sheet or flip the slices to get uniform results.
Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings or try one of the following:
Topping 1 – Gorgonzola, Walnuts & Honey
6 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Divide Gorgonzola and chopped walnuts among toasted bread slices.
- Put back in the oven at 350˚ until the cheese melts, approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
- Drizzle each crostini with a small amount of honey.
Topping 2 – White Beans with Sage
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons really good extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup fresh sage, washed and finely chopped
- Add garlic, cannellini beans, lemon juice and olive oil to food processor and pulse until mixture is coarsely combined. If necessary, add more olive oil to achieve the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in chopped sage until evenly distributed throughout mixture.
- Spoon on top of toasted bread slices and drizzle with olive oil.