These are great served as burgers on a bun or over noodles with brown gravy. Add a side dish and in less than an hour, you can have dinner on the table!
12 ounces of ground turkey
1 small box of frozen spinach
½ cup of diced onion, optional
½ cup of diced celery
½ teaspoon of poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
½ teaspoon of black pepper
¼ cup of sunflower seeds
- Thaw and drain the spinach squeezing out the excess moisture.
- Mix the turkey and spinach together and add seasonings. Blend.
- Add enough breadcrumbs to make the mixture hold together.
- Divide in large patties if you’re making burgers to go on a bun, or smaller ones if you’re planning to serve in gravy.
- Fry in a medium hot skillet.
- To make a quick brown gravy, add a small can of drained mushrooms and some chopped onions to the skillet where you fried the burgers and sauté.
- Season with some salt, pepper and a bit of garlic and add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of corn starch with ¼ cup of water until smooth.
- Add to the skillet and stir until the gravy thickens.
- Reduce heat and add burgers.
- Let simmer while you make the noodles. (You might prefer rice or mashed potatoes instead of noodles.)