This side dish is a bit of an indulgence, but a delicious one at that. What could go wrong with spinach, butter, garlic, onions and cheese? Not a thing. This recipe calls for swiss cheese, but you could certainly replace it another favorite white cheese.
1/4 cup butter
1 chopped onion
2-3 minced garlic cloves
1 bunch spinach
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat your oven the oven to 350 F
- Over medium heat, heat the butter. Once it’s melted, add the onion and garlic, sautéing until tender.
- Add the spinach and mix with a wooden spoon to coat the spinach. Reduce the heat to medium low and cover your pan with a lid. Let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Now you’re ready to get your casserole dish ready. Put half the shredded cheese on the bottom of the casserole. On top, place all the spinach mixture. Then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered, for about 20 minutes or so, or until the cheese begins to bubble.