Brownies are a great way to satisfy a chocolate fix. These dense pastries give a full chocolate taste and can also be complemented by different toppings, frostings and additional flavors. There are different kinds of brownies but most of them start with a good chocolate brownie recipe.
A simple brownie recipe can give you a great base to work with if you want to get creative and try something new.
You can check the simple brownie recipe below as a guide and use the different suggestions that follow to make a great brownie dessert.
½ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 teaspoons water
½ cup butter
1 cup fine sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Grease an 8 inch square cake pan.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- In a medium saucepan put the butter, water, and sugar and place over low heat; stir to melt the butter and then remove it from the heat.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and beat into the butter mixture. Put in the flour mixture and beat until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the brownie with a knife into the desired amount of servings.
Serve at room temperature or warm.
This simple brownie recipe will yield about a dozen small brownies. Brownies are moist and dense so you do feel the richness of the chocolate with every bite. If you wish to complement your brownies you can add the following:
- Add sweetened cherries to the mix or on top of the brownies
- Make a frosting by melting semisweet chocolate with hot cream and allowing this mixture to cool before spreading over the brownies
- Add chopped nuts for some crunch to the brownies
- Chocolate chips can also be added, white chocolate is suitable as well
- Marshmallow crème can be used to top the brownies, mini marshmallows can also be used
This simple brownie recipe can also be enhanced by warming the brownies first and then serving it with ice cream. Storing the brownies in the refrigerator can lengthen the shelf life for several days.
Enjoy this simple brownie recipe and the many ways you can add to it to make it an even tastier dessert.