This simple skillet dish is colorful and reminiscent of the sea shore. Serves six.
¼ cup of butter
½ pound of fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 cloves of minced garlic (about 1 and ½ teaspoons)
1 – 10.5 ounce can of chicken broth
1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
½ of a red bell pepper, diced
1 and ½ pounds of bay scallops
3 Tablespoons of cornstarch
2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- Reserve ¼ cup of the chicken broth.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium/high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper and remaining broth.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the scallops and cook 1 or 2 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, blend the cornstarch, soy sauce and reserved broth until smooth.
- Stir it into the skillet and cook to thicken (about 1 minute).
Serve while hot.