The appeal of this egg poacher is in its size and versatility. Add to it a moderate price in the neighborhood of $22 and you have yourself a nice addition to your kitchen.
Because the pan is made to cook only one egg, it is small and will fit neatly in your cabinet. It is also designed so that it may hang from a rack. That makes this poacher pan a great item for small kitchens or kitchens without much storage space.
At just over 1lb, the poacher is lightweight and easier to use for kids, seniors and even recovering surgery patients.
- Kids just learning to cook only have to keep up with one egg at a time. The pan is light enough for small hands to handle without fear of dropping or spilling hot water and egg on them.
- It would be a great gift for seniors as well. If they live in a retirement home or small apartment, then it won’t take up much room. Also, who wants to make a bunch of eggs if you’re the only one eating them?
- And for the patient recovering from a shoulder, arm or hand surgery, this pan would be absolutely perfect. Often, the patient cannot lift weight of much consequence in the first few weeks after surgery. This little pan would give someone in that situation the feeling of independence. Just being able to poach an egg by themselves could be the difference between a shorter or longer recovery.
The body of the Endurance Egg Poacher is composed of 18/10 grade stainless steel. This means your pan will be less likely to corrode or rust. Therefore, even though you will spend a bit more money initially, your investment will be spread over a longer period of time, given proper care of the pan.
The interior egg cup has a nonstick Teflon coating. Before poaching your egg, it’s still a good idea
When you’re done cooking, just wipe it off with a soft sponge or wash cloth and pop it in the dishwasher. It’s that easy to clean.
- Includes instruction booklet and recipes.
- Has a longer, balanced handle which helps to keep you from steam-burning your hands on pickup.
- Small enough to take on camping trips. Due to its heavy duty stainless steel construction, you can even use it on your camp stove.
- At $21.95, it’s a bit pricier than other egg poachers but because of its excellent construction, it’s worth the extra money.
- Though the cup has a nonstick surface, you should still use a bit of cooking spray or a dash of cooking oil on the cup.
- As with all nonstick surfaces, wipe or wash with a soft sponge or washcloth immediately after use. This will prolong the life of the cup.
- Cooking times will vary according to where you live, i.e., sea level.
- Add a bit of salt to the cooking water to keep from getting those white calcium stains on your pot.
- 18/10 Stainless Steel Body, Nonstick Egg Cup
- Capacity: 1-egg
- Cleaning & Care: Dishwasher-safe
- Includes directions and recipes
What Customers Say:
** The quality of this egg poacher is superior. It is well made of stainless steel and convenient for one or two people.
** This is a perfect one-egg poacher. That’s all I was looking for. Something durable, non-stick, that didn’t wear out or fall apart within a week of using it.
** Love this poacher- it’s nice and heavy and it also cooks the egg nice and fast. Use it every day! No complaints at all.
** The “perfectly balanced pan” slips and slides then falls inside the pot. The rim has a mismatched elongated shape.
** This single egg poacher does not work on our induction cooktop.
The RSVP Endurance 1-Egg Poacher Set is perfect for the single person or if only one person in the home enjoys poached eggs. This product is easy to use and cleanup. If you don’t require a larger product that cooks more than one egg at a time, this is the ideal egg poacher.
Prepare a single poached egg perfectly with this 1-Egg Poacher by R.S.V.P. The little 2-cup pan holds one nonstick egg cup and includes a lid. Made of 18/10 stainless steel with a 5.75-in. handle. Dishwasher safe. Includes directions and recipes..