2/3 cup quinoa
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
1/2 chopped yellow onion
1 diced zucchini squash
1 diced yellow squash
2 cups trimmed and chopped green bean
7 roasted garlic cloves
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Using either a cookie sheet or casserole dish, spread vegetables out evenly. Drizzle vegetables with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over veggies. Wrap the roasted garlic cloves in aluminum foil.
- Set the tin foil wrapped bundle on the cookie sheet or casserole dish with the veggies. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until softened. While the veggies are baking, prepare the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Blend the roasted garlic cloves, lemon zest, lemon juice and oil into a thick, smooth mixture in a blender or food processor. This will make the dressing to pour over the cooked quinoa. Stir well to blend it all together.
- Fold the roasted vegetables gently into the prepared quinoa. Top with the walnuts.
- Can be served either hot or cold.
Serves: 2 to 4
Adapted from: http://www.foodfanatic.com/recipes/summer-quinoa-salad-recipe/