2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to be divided
1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
8 oil-packed drained and roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes, BPA free
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
1 bunch stemmed and roughly chopped kale
1 (18-ounce) roll pre-cooked polenta, cut into 8 rounds
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Using a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil on stove top set at medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes and garlic, cooking another 2 minutes.
- Stir in kale pieces and 1/4 cup water.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook about 2 minutes or until kale begins to wilt.
- Toss well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook about 2 minutes more or until wilted.
- Cover and set to the side.
- Using a large nonstick or cast iron skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- Arrange polenta in skillet in a single layer (working in batches, if needed).
- Cook, flipping once, 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Line a plate with paper toweling to drain the polenta on as it gets done.
- Arrange the polenta on plates.
- Top with kale and mushroom mixture.
- Garnish with cheese and serve.
Adapted from: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/ and http://www.amys.com/health/recipes/category/main-dish#recipe_2610