The main difference with the Omega J8006 Juicer when compared with other juicers such as the Hamilton Beach brand or Cuisinart brands is in the way that it extracts the juice. There are two types of juicers centrifugal ones and the masticating style, the Omega falls into the latter category.
A masticating style of juicer is also referred to as a low speed juicer and is perfect for turning those leafy greens into a healthy drink. Many people who want to juice more vegetables than fruit often decide to purchase this type of juicer.
- Stylish black and chrome design
- Easy to use
- Powerful motor
- Low speed of 80 RPMs
- No foaming, clogging or build up of heat
- High juice yield
- Auto pulp ejection function allows for continuous juicing
- Dual stage juicing system
- Quiet operating system
- 15-year warranty
Measures 14-1/2 x 6-1/2 x 15-1/2 inches
Shipping: Weighs 18 pounds and can be shipped to countries outside the U.S. Will be ship separately with no additional shipping costs incurred by the customer.
Juicing at low speeds is said to have certain benefits. These benefits include being able to process more leafy types of vegetables while still extracting the maximum amount of juice from them. The lower speeds also help maintain the quality of the food and this allows the enzymes to retain their health benefits for a longer period of time. With the masticating style your juice can be stored for up to 72 hours without losing any quality.
Another benefit is that you will see a lot less foam being produced due to the lower speeds. Your juice will taste fresher and be full of flavor.
The Omega J8006 uses a dual stage processing system which allows you to extract the maximum amount of juice from all the foods you are juicing. This means that you will get lots of juice from any fruits, vegetables and leafy greens. It works by extracting all the juice from the food first and then squeezing the pulp before it is ejected. You will notice that the left over pulp is very dry – extremely important as this signifies that all the juice has been extracted.
A great feature of this machine is that you can use it to make nut butters from nuts and is perfect for anyone wanting to make homemade baby food.
Reading customer feedback is extremely helpful when buying a new product, especially one that you have not used before. If this is your first juicer the feedback below can help you see what type of features you should be looking for in a juicer. Take into account if you want to juice leafy greens, make nut butters or make baby food.
- The pulp is dry enough that I’ve never looked and thought “I could get more juice out of that”
- The motor has NEVER given the slightest inclination of straining.
- 4 main parts are very easy to put together and disassemble.
- No heat build up in the juice.
- Hard produce will go easier and quicker if sliced
- The machine itself is sturdy. Having it in a place where you can add the ingredients easily rather than having it stuffed under the cabinet will enhance your access and ease of use.