Note from Leila: From my own personal experience, this type of grater is easier to use and much easier on my knuckles than the typical two-sided grater.
About this product:
- Ultra Sharp Made in USA blades: Microplane uses photo-etched technology to make ultra sharp grating blades right here in America! BPA free plastic handle.
- Zest Citrus: The blade is designed with a specific tooth set that takes the flavorful rind directly off the citrus fruit, while leaving behind the bitter white pith. Zest adds flavor to vinaigrettes, stir fries, salads, and baked goods!
- Grate Cheese: Grate parmesan into fluffy mounds that melt quickly and look beautiful when treating yourself of family to rustic bowls of pasta. Sprinkle fresh parmesan over eggs, salads, or any dish for a burst of flavor.
- Surgical Grade Stainless Steel: this material stays rust-free and maintains sharpness over time. True stainless steel is magnetic, so this item can be hung on your magnetic knife strip.
- Dishwasher Safe: The tool is easy to clean, simply rinse immediately after use. Use a kitchen brush on the underside of the blade to clean out tough to reach particles. The zester/grater can also be placed in the dishwasher.
Microplane is all about the blade. Over 25 years of USA manufactured etched ultra-sharp blades, means you will receive a durable, stainless steel, zester that will grate hard spices like cinnamon, and nutmeg. Without losing a beat, or a sharp tooth, this zester will also zest citruses like oranges, limes, and lemons. Try it with hard cheese for the topping any dish with parmesan or Asiago cheese. The hard plastic handle provides a sturdy grip. We know there are many choices out there, choose the tool that is most often cited as a top kitchen tool. Don’t settle for a knock-off.
For fluffy, evenly sized cheese shreds, this is the perfect grater. Its design is based on that of a rasp, the small and efficient woodworking tool. The cutters are especially sharp, which guarantees easy grating. But this also means you’ll need to exercise extra caution–no one likes grated knuckles. The large handle allows for a firm grip, and the completely flat grating surface makes it easy to move the cheese across the blades. Carrots, onions, and medium to firm cheeses all worked beautifully with this grater. It’s also an excellent choice for larger strips of citrus zest or ginger. –Jill Lightner