Containing fresh fruit, granola and fat free yogurt this dish is rich in calcium and whole grains making it an excellent choice for breakfast or dessert. It takes just 5 minutes to prepare and is sinfully delicious.
We used strawberries and blueberries, but you can substitute your favorite fruits for a custom flavor all your own. You can also use a flavored yogurt other than vanilla for even more punch.
These little parfaits are great after dinner deserts for a group. Make them ahead of time or provide the ingredients buffet style and let everyone create their own.
Ingredients (One Parfait)
1 cup vanilla flavored yogurt
1/2 cup granola cereal
- Set aside one strawberry and 3-4 blueberries.
- Slice the remaining strawberries.
- Assemble the parfait by 3-4 strawberry slices and blueberries.
- Next add 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Follow that with the granola.
- Add the remaining strawberries and blueberries.
- Top it off with the remaining yogurt.
- Add the remaining strawberry and reserved blueberries for garnish.