1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 6 inch diced zucchini
1/2 diced red bell pepper
1/2 diced red onion
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, divided
2 minced garlic cloves
1 medium seeded and chopped tomato
9 large cage free, organic eggs
- In a 10 inch oven-proof frying pan or skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- When oil is heated, add zucchini, pepper, onion, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and garlic.
- Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add in tomato and stir.
- Cook, uncovered, until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, remaining salt and pepper until frothy.
- Pour frothy eggs over vegetable concoction, stirring gently.
- Reduce heat and cover, cooking for 15 minutes.
- Turn on oven broiler and preheat on low.
- Stick frittata under the broiler until fully set, about 3 minutes.
- Turn onto a platter or plate. Slice and serve either warm or cold.
Adapted from: http://www.paleoplan.com/2011/02-07/summer-vegetable-frittata/