If you’ve tried fried zucchini sticks and fell in love, you’re in for a real treat. The best news is, these eggplant fries aren’t actually fried. They’re baked! They crispy and include a great herb mixture that is sure to satisfy. Serve with marinara sauce or a spicy mayo.
Prep Time – 10 min
Cook Time – 6 min
1 medium eggplant
1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
Coarse salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Put your rack near the top of your oven and make sure there is space for your baking sheet and eggplant. Set the oven to the broil setting.
- Cut your eggplant into wedges, making them fairly thin, so the eggplant will soften when you broil it. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs into a shallow bowl or baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or baking dish. Set aside.
- One by one, dip your eggplant wedges into the egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture, ensuring it’s completely coated. Place each wedge on a greased baking dish as you complete them.
- Broil for 3 minutes per side. They’re done when they’re golden brown.