4 cups water, salted
1 ¼ cup yellow organic cornmeal, medium or coarsely ground
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
½ cup half and half, room temperature
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil salted water in a large saucepan.
- Slowly whisk cornmeal into water until it is thoroughly incorporated.
- Reduce heat to low and stir frequently until the cornmeal starts to thicken and bubble, approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese, half & half, and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.