Whenever catfish (or semblances thereof) come into my sphere of perception, I can’t help thinking about my late father. Boy, he sure loved him some catfish! (That’s a southern saying. :)) I’ll be making this dish in his memory and make him proud! BTW – A cast iron skillet would be perfect for this recipe.
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. crumbled dried sage
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
4 catfish filets
Nonstick cooking spray
- Place the spices in a gallon size Ziploc bag and shake to mix. This will make it easy to transport if you’re grilling away from home.
- When it’s time to cook, simply add 1 filet to the bag at a time and shake to coat.
- Whether you’re cooking in a skillet or on a grill, you’ll want to lightly spray the cooking surface with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add catfish filets, skinned side up to the skillet or grill. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until fish is slightly blackened.
- Carefully turn the fish over and continue to cook another 5 minutes or until the fish has reached the preferred doneness.